machine doesn't know it has a tape drive

    Date: Tue, 28 May 91 14:13:33 EDT
    From: mwilliam@hawk.ulowell.edu (Marian Williams)

    Hello.

    We just received a 3675 as a donation from a local company.  When we
    try to read a tape (for instance during a Restore Distribution) we
    get a message that says:

	"There is no magnetic tape hardware on HOST"

    But there *is*.  And it's registered as a service in the host's
    namespace object.  Anybody have a clue what the message means?

    Thank you --

One recurrent problem (actually, the only one) we've had with our 3670
is that the circuit breaker on the auxilliary power supply (?, it
apparently only drives the tape deck) is _very_ sensitive and likes
to switch itself off.

In the back, below the card cage is a black box with a switch.  ON
should be UP (its very hard to read the markings).

bruce
miller@cam.nist.gov