Re: :set-edges for window on a color screen

Last week I posted a query regarding a window type that I had that worked
fine on the B&W screen, but when I did :set-edges on the color screen, the
window was redrawn correctly in the new place, but the old image was not
erased. I included in the message the various flavors that the window was
made of, assuming that was the key.

In case anyone else was interested the answer was simple; I was looking in
the wrong place. The responsibility for repainting the area vacated by a
moved window does not lie with the window being reshaped, but with that
window's superior. I had discovered what to change but didn't clearly
understand why until James Hourihan passed on a tip from someone else
at Symbolics.
					- Marty

hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu, hall%aplcen@jhunix.bitnet, ..uunet!aplcen!hall
Artificial Intelligence Lab, AAI Corp, PO Box 126, Hunt Valley, MD 21030

(setf (need-p 'disclaimer) NIL)