disks: Symbolics' can't handle power outage?

    Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 18:44-0400
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 14:45 EDT
	From: bouma@cs.purdue.edu

	We seem to have a lot of trouble with disks on Symbolics' when the power
	goes out.  The last 3 times power went, a disk (or two) was corrupted each
	time.  We have Suns, SGIs, HPs plugged into the same lines, and NONE of
	their disks were messed up, even though we have 10x more of them than Symb.

    We haven't had too much trouble with power outages; in fact, our Lisp
    Machines frequently survived momentary drops that took down Vaxes.

I've run moderate size Symbolics installations at two places (a dozen at one,
18 here) and my experiences are like barmar's.