Symbolics (or is it ILA?) C environment

    Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1991 10:09 EDT
    From: Paul Pangaro <pan@ATHENA.PANGARO.dialnet.symbolics.com>

	Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1991 21:09-0400
	From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	    Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1991 17:46 EDT
	    From: connolly%livy@cs.umass.edu

	    I'm curious as to people's opinions about the C environment that's
	    been built for the Symbolics (I don't remember whose product this
	    really is).

	It's Symbolics's.

    For completeness and history, there was a competing product called
    Zeta-C which was made by Scott Layson. I believe he backed away from
    marketing it despite his multiple customers, after Symbolics produced
    their own version. I do not know if Scott is still on this list, he
    was at one time.

Yes, I know about Zeta-C -- he developed it here and we were the beta
test customer (but I don't think we ever did anything serious with it).
But he hasn't worked on it for several years, so I didn't think it was
worth mentioning in a question about current products.  The last time I
touched it was when I tried to get it to compile in Genera 7.0 -- the
defsystem file we had used the old syntax, and I was having trouble
figuring out all the new-style dependencies.

                                                barmar