Ciscos & Symbolics

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 91 11:47+0100
From: Vincent Keunen <keunen@milou.nrb.be>
Subject: Ciscos & Symbolics
To: SLUG@AI.SRI.COM

          Date: Thu, 8 Aug 91 14:48:51 EDT
          From: fulton@luke.ksc.nasa.gov (Steve Fulton)

          Vincent,
          you should have no trouble accessing the cisco from the terminal
          emulation window on the Symbolics - Select T.  We access our cisco using
          the IP address on the appropriate interface e.g. Connect: internet|128.159.xxx.xxx

          I not familiar with what you mean by "scripting a telnet terminal" or going through
          a vax with cterm.  I suspect that you need not involve yourself with such an effort.

Thank you for your answer.  To be a bit more precise in my question,
what I want to do is access the cisco from a program.  So where do I
insert my code to use the streams that the terminal emulator uses (we've
looked at the code for telnet.lisp, but it's not always easy figuring
out what the filters, the filter-processes, the state-blocks and these
kind of things do...).

    I haven't heard anything regarding Symbolics support for SNMP.  At a minimum they
    *should* develop an SNMP agent to bundle with Genera - but I haven't heard anything
    yet.~v
    ~v

Could someone from Symbolics say something about this?

    Good luck,

    Steve Fulton
    Boeing Aerospace Operations
    Kennedy Space Center