Ciscos & Symbolics - Telnet from a program

    Date: Fri,  9 Aug 91 11:49:01 +0200
    From: %nrb.be%mcsun.EU.net@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM

    Date: Fri, 9 Aug 91 11:47+0100
    From: Vincent Keunen <keunen@milou.nrb.be>
    Subject: Ciscos & Symbolics
    To: SLUG@AI.SRI.COM

	      Date: Thu, 8 Aug 91 14:48:51 EDT
	      From: fulton@luke.ksc.nasa.gov (Steve Fulton)

	      Vincent,
	      you should have no trouble accessing the cisco from the terminal
	      emulation window on the Symbolics - Select T.  We access our cisco using
	      the IP address on the appropriate interface e.g. Connect: internet|128.159.xxx.xxx

	      I not familiar with what you mean by "scripting a telnet terminal" or going through
	      a vax with cterm.  I suspect that you need not involve yourself with such an effort.

    Thank you for your answer.  To be a bit more precise in my question,
    what I want to do is access the cisco from a program.  So where do I
    insert my code to use the streams that the terminal emulator uses (we've
    looked at the code for telnet.lisp, but it's not always easy figuring
    out what the filters, the filter-processes, the state-blocks and these
    kind of things do...).

We've implemented an IBM MVS/XA Remote Job-Submit application for
Houston Lighting & Power that acts like a user, logging in via
TELNET/TCP.  Rick Dukes did the work, so I've forwarded your message to
him.  For the moment, he can be reached as

Dukes%MCKENZIE.S&C.DIALNET.SYMBOLICS.COM@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM

	I haven't heard anything regarding Symbolics support for SNMP.  At a minimum they
	*should* develop an SNMP agent to bundle with Genera - but I haven't heard anything
	yet.~v
	~v

    Could someone from Symbolics say something about this?

	Good luck,

	Steve Fulton
	Boeing Aerospace Operations
	Kennedy Space Center