bbbbut I don't want bbbbs in my bbbbuffer

  We finally got our 8.1 tapes. When I load Genera-8-1.load on our 3620s, I
get a letter `b' in the input buffer. Has anyone else seen this? Any fix?

  Also, I just tried loading the x-server system. I get alot of these:

Warning -- The value #<Package X-SERVER #o42311566> for ZL:PACKAGE
  failed the validation function (:PROPERTY CL:*PACKAGE* SI:VALIDATION-FUNCTION) because:
    Package X-SERVER is not suitable because it does not use one of
    C-USER, CLIM-LISP, SYMBOLICS-COMMON-LISP, COMMON-LISP, ZL, FUTURE-COMMON-LISP, COMMON-LISP-THE-LANGUAGE.
  The standard value will not be changed.

  Does this mean anything important? (I wish Symbolics would get rid of the
validation function. I should be able to create packages that aren't lisp
based if I want.)

  Mike McDonald

  mac@trantor.harris-atd.com
  (407) 727-5060