bbbbut I don't want bbbbs in my bbbbuffer

   Date: Fri, 09 Aug 91 13:29:43 -0400
   From: mac@trantor.harris-atd.com

     We finally got our 8.1 tapes. When I load Genera-8-1.load on our 3620s, I
   get a letter `b' in the input buffer. Has anyone else seen this? Any fix?

I sometimes get a random character in my input buffer on my 3650 when I
"Continue" after going down to the FEP.  I've been seeing this for years; I
assumed it was just some minor G-machine lossage, and never lost any sleep
over it.

     Also, I just tried loading the x-server system. I get alot of these:

   Warning -- The value #<Package X-SERVER #o42311566> for ZL:PACKAGE
     failed the validation function (:PROPERTY CL:*PACKAGE* SI:VALIDATION-FUNCTION) because:
       Package X-SERVER is not suitable because it does not use one of
       C-USER, CLIM-LISP, SYMBOLICS-COMMON-LISP, COMMON-LISP, ZL, FUTURE-COMMON-LISP, COMMON-LISP-THE-LANGUAGE.
     The standard value will not be changed.

     Does this mean anything important? (I wish Symbolics would get rid of the
   validation function. I should be able to create packages that aren't lisp
   based if I want.)

You can ignore these warnings.