Re: Docex in CLIM

    Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1991 10:34 MDT
    From: "@IU.AI.SRI.COM:slug-admin@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM"%HERMES@intel9.intel.com

	Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1991 19:30 EDT
	From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	An example of this was last year's announcement of a version of the
	Document Examiner that runs on a Macintosh without Lisp.  I wouldn't be
	surprised if this year they announced something along those lines that
	runs on Unix using X.

    As it turns out, I gave in to a hack attack a few weeks ago and now have
    a prototype version of the Document Examiner implemented using CLIM that
    is verified to work under Genera, CLOE, Lucid, and Franz Allegro.  It
    includes the usual stuff: Show Documentation, Show Overview, Show
    Candidates, bookmarks, selecting between several document sets, and so
    forth.  It uses the same style of documentation database that MacDocEx
    uses, namely, a "preformatted" data set that is produced by this tool
    that is an adjunct to Concordia.

    No need to ask me what the exact plans are for this, because I don't
    myself know.  I personally hope that some use can be made of it.

Could whoever sent this message to slug please respond directly to me.
Our mailer usually cuts off the sender after it goes through SLUG.

Is there some way I could get a copy of thisCLIM implementation of the DocEx?
This would be very valuable!  I'd even pay for it.  I'm sure other
Concordia users would to if they could port there documentation system
with there application.

Thanks,

Marcos Paz
mpaz@intel9.intel.com