Re: Bootstrapping NFS

We just did this about two weeks ago (except out NFS host is an AIX
RS6000). We keep a small LMFS on an XL which is the nameserver. That
LMFS holds sys;site, sys;ip-tcp, sys:nfs, and sys:embedding;rpc. This
is described in the 8.1 install doc.

There is a minor glitch, and that is that you need a patch from
Symbolics in order to get the translations to go OK, and you also
need to eval (sct:reload-logical-pathnames-translation-files)
EACH time you boot. It's in our lispm-init.
One other nasty is that the NFS connection dies at regular intervals
throughout the day for us and this requires a :reset net. I have not
yet heard from Symbolics as to whether this problem is theirs or not.