Re: Lisp stopped itself...

    Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 21:07 EDT
    From: kddlab!atr-ln.atr.co.jp!myers@uunet.UU.NET (John K. Myers)

    "Type (RETURN) to exit" is a bad piece of software engineering.

It sure is.  I made the same mistake when I first saw it.  It wasn't
until I realized that the emergency breakpoint handler is just a really
simple read-eval-print loop that I figured out that I figured out that
it was a Lisp expression.

What's worse about the emergency breakpoint handler is that typos are
fatal; it's running in a mode where the default error handler FEPs out.

                                                barmar