More 3650/Eagle...

To All:

Thanks more and more :) :)

Does anyone have a current phone number for the "What's my
Bad Block List" division of Fujitsu? :) (The original dealer
for the drive here in Canada is gone...)

I notice that although the drive in the 3650 is FEP0:, the
SMD "B" cable is connected to Drive 1 port on the controller
board, and the Drive 0 port is empty. Just a fact of Symbolics
life?

(* To TYSON@ai.sri.com:
   Thanks for notes on the Eagle install. Helps bypass alot of
   trial and error anguish, I'm sure!
   I am now in the process of license transferring and upgrading
   software. I will let you know when this is done (when I'm ready
   to pull up my sleeves and go for the Eagle installation).

(* To barmar:
   I'll ask about the Disk Tools software, thanks!

(* To David A. Bentzen:
   From the Show Configuration FEP command,

   NBS FEP/IO (PN 170495) SN 1684 manufactured 1987-8-18
   I didn't note the next line (why?) but I think it was
   manufactured as rev1, functions as rev 1 ECO level 0

   Does this indicate whether the board is up-to-date up-to-rev?
   I could give you chip rev numbers off the board if it would
   help...
   The Eagle was originally on a Sun...(at Cubicomp Canada)
   As for the IFS, I will let you know when I get a bad blocks
   list from Fujistu. Thanks!

(* To Reti@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
   The SI:FIX-FEP-BLOCK (with the :FORCE-WRITE-TEST option) sounds
   like a good approach, since new bad blocks may well have come up.
   Thanks for the idea!

--
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|