last (?) question on X-server

So I got the server loaded, I added x-window-system to the namespace,
(undocumented), I created the rgb.text file (also undocumented), now
when I try something simple like xclock from a client host, I get
connection refused. I can't seem to find docs on where the
authorized host list lives. I though I remembered that it was somehow
related to the net mask, implying that if ftp worked from a host (for
example), then X would also. Well, ftp works from the client host I
was running xclock on. The server host name was correct on the client.

So, once again I turn to you for help. What am I missing this time.
Hope this is it. Hate to keep bugging everyone.
Strip