[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Remote Screen w/X-terminals
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (user alias)
- Subject: Remote Screen w/X-terminals
- From: aihaug@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Daniel A Haug)
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 15:44:05 -0400
- Organization: Lockheed Austin Division
- Phone: (512) 386-4634
(1) Thanks for the replies on my Genera 8.1 questions, and yes,
my problem was the secure subnets.
(2) I've been using the X-Remote-Screen facility on my 3640, running
the display on an X terminal. But, I can't seem to do very
much work before the process enters the debugger on pixmap
alloc errors, which I assume is because the x terminal is running
out of memory. These terminals have 6Mbytes of memory, and I
typically have a few (e.g. 6) xterms/emacs/... windows up.
So, my questions are:
(a) has anyone else been running successfully using x terminals
for x-remote-screen, and
(b) is there anything I can do to configure the remote-screen
facility to not allocate so much pixmap space?
Phone: (512) 386-4634