using the C compiler

    Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1991 11:18 EST
    From: rshapiro@arris.com (Richard Shapiro)

    I understand that the standard Symbolics software release includes a C
    compiler, but I'm unable to find any documentation for it -- how to
    invoke it, how to call C functions from Lisp, argument passing
    conventions, etc. I do NOT want the C reader macro #{, at least not if
    I have a choice. I have a set of existing C files that I'd like to
    compile and load as is.

No, the C compiler is a layered product.  However, it was included on
the 8.1 CD-ROMs, as an added benefit to customers that choose to receive
this form of release.

                                                barmar