Removing character styles from files.

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.  We have a customer that wants to get some code written for
TI and Symbolics and move some of it over to a Sun running Lucid lisp
4.0.  He made a tar tape with the files on it, read it in on the Sun
and noticed that character styles were in some files.  He also noticed
that the files didn't have linefeeds in it.  Has anyone come up with a
filter to strip character styles out of files, and anyone got a
workaround for the linefeed problem.

Thanks,

Mark Tait
-------