CRC problems

We have a 3600 that appears to generate a large number of Ethernet packets
with bad CRCs.  The rest of the packet looks to be well formed.  Since we
first noted this behavior, the I/O board and paddle have been replaced
and the power supply checked.  Also, we have tried alternate cabels to the
Delney box and tried plugging it in to that box at different places.
Nothing seems to help.

Questions:
(1) Where in the software, microcode, hardware, chain is the CRC generated?
(2) What was the fix when and if you had a similar problem?

Jeff