CLOS vs FLAVORS questions

    Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 22:50 CST
    From: gooch@sw-sw.dialnet.symbolics.com (William D. Gooch)

	Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 19:37 CST
	From: jbarnett@charming.nrtc.northrop.com

	On the surface of it, the repetitive use of WITH-SLOTS and/or
	WITH-ACCESSORS appears to be insidious and tedious.

    Agreed, but this is a basically a minor annoyance, and it does improve
    code clarity somewhat in my opinion.

When I was converting New Flavors code to CLOS, this seemed an
annoyance; but for new code, I do think that WITH-SLOTS improves clarity
by simplifying scoping rules and reducing compilation interdependency.

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	lgm@iexist.att.com

Standard disclaimer.