Re: Neural networks applications available?

    Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1992 09:11-0000
    From: carl@SEVERN.sltd.dialnet.symbolics.com (Carl Lloyd)

	Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1992 01:51-0000
	From: TYSON@ai.sri.com (Mabry Tyson)

	    Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1992 05:36 PST
	    From: hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall)

	    In message entitled "Neural networks applications available?" on Feb  2, you write:

	    > Symbolics announced a neural network product called "Plexi" a couple of
	    > years ago.  I think Lucid is also selling a Unix port of it.

    Yes, LUCID sell it now.

	    Does Symbolics still support this? I think it was done by a third party,
	    not Symbolics, and I'm not sure that Symbolics has been paying to have
	    it upgraded to later versions of Genera.

						    - Marty
	    (setf (need-p 'disclaimer) NIL)

	I've seen Plexi used under 7.2 (or was it 8.0) on an MacIvory.  If Symbolics
	doesn't have anyway to contact the developers of Plexi, I probably can find
	them.

    The licensing agreement between Symbolics and Plexi Inc terminated a good
    while back.  Plexi from Genera 7.2 appears to still run o.k. in 8.1, but
    its not supported and you are not going to get it from Symbolics.

    If you're interested, you should contact Plexi Inc - somebody at Lucid
    Inc or possibly Symbolics Inc should be able to give you the number.

This is nice to know since we are being charged for software maintenance
on Plexi.