Cleaning up a world...

    Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1992 09:19 EST
    From: dp@dsp.analog.com (Jeff Del Papa)
	From: Think.COM!barmar@dsp.analog.com (Barry Margolin)
	   From: Scott_Busse%mindlink.bc.ca@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Scott Busse)

	   Is there an easy way to remove things from a world?

	Symbolics must have solved some of these problems, though.  They have
	delivery-only worlds that don't have some of the large packages such as
	Zmail.

    In this case, I think they build the world without loading the extra gubbish
    (years ago I remember getting the TI "Cold Load" worlds to build an
    application on top of...) - They are on the standard CDROM, so starting there is
    likely a better idea.

The good news is that you are right about the Delivery Worlds that you
refer to.  They include only the System system and the minimum embedding
support for the MacIvory and for the UX, respectively.  Of course,
either of them will run on an XL.  They are really minimal -- they
contain only the System and the embedding support.

We distribute the .ibins for the most popular four inner systems that
delivery-environment developers want to add to a Delivery world, and
which can be loaded with nothing else present: Zwei (Zmacs), Serial,
Hardcopy (requires Serial), and NSage (Document Examiner; will work with
or without Hardcopy).

The bad news is that we don't produce and distribute Delivery worlds for
the 36xx architecture, and never will, unless a customer wishes to pay
us an appropriate amount to support the development and maintenance of
this additional product.

Douglas Dodds   (dodds@symbolics.com)
Symbolics, Inc.
Burlington, Mass.