Re: Question about traps in serving off Unix

    Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1992 02:52 EST
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

    The namespace protocol is specific to Symbolics machines, so the 3670 will
    have to remain the namespace server, so it makes sense to keep the
    namespace files on that machine, although there is support for keeping
    namespace files on a Unix file server (but I've never tried it, so can't
    vouch for it).

I have; it's broken, don't bother. (Runs into problems with the (lack of)
version numbers.)

We do put the reset of sys: on unix machines, with a shadow copy of the
directories Barry mentions on a UX400s, in order to build worlds on our
36xxs.

----
 Brad Miller		U. Rochester Comp Sci Dept.
 miller@cs.rochester.edu {...allegra!rochester!miller}