Re: Question about traps in serving off Unix

    Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1992 10:58 CST
    From: miller@SOL.CS.ROCHESTER.EDU (Brad Miller)

	Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1992 02:52 EST
	From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	..., although there is support for keeping
	namespace files on a Unix file server (but I've never tried it, so can't
	vouch for it).

    I have; it's broken, don't bother. (Runs into problems with the (lack of)
    version numbers.)...

We have everything but the namespace in normal Unix directories (a lot of ".sct"s).  Of
course, we only have UX's.  From your note it appears that we could trivially move the
namespace to Unix.  Remember, if you have a Unix directory with ".sct" as the last four
characters, then all files anywhere under that directory will have full version numbers.

Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com
Amoco Production Company	(918) 660-4270
Tulsa Research Center
P.O. Box 3385, Tulsa, OK 74102