Re: Portable way to get a function's arg list (ala Control-Shift-A)?

In message entitled "Portable way to get a function's arg list (ala
Control-Shift-A)?" I asked:

Liam Healy (Healy@space50.nrl.navy.mil) replied:

Barry (Barmar@think.com) confirmed this and added:

Finally, Ken Fertig (fertig@rpal.rockwell.com) added:

> So does franz on the sun and MCL on the mac.

Many thanks. I pessimistically assumed that would be nothing at all portable,
so a method that works on all four of the LISPs I see most commonly is
much better than I expected. The only one this does not cover is vaxlisp
(Ultrix) which my students have to use, but I don't mind a system-specific
way there.

Thanks again. In fact, all this help (esp from Barmar) reminds me of a
conversation I had with Ken Tarpey 6 months or so ago when he was making
tours of various sales regions to meet with customers. I was asking
about the likelihood of Symbolics going under, and somehow this led to
an explanation of which Symbolics divisions were profitable. He (or one
of his entourage) mentioned that Support had traditionally been profitable.
When I (only half jokingly) cracked that one of these days Barry would
stop supporting SLUG and then Symbolics would have to start paying employees
for phone and email support, *everyone* around the table in Tarpey's entourage
nodded knowingly! :-)
					- Marty
hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu, hall%aplcen@jhunix.bitnet, ..uunet!aplcen!hall
Artificial Intelligence Lab, AAI Corp, PO Box 126, Hunt Valley, MD 21030

(setf (need-p 'disclaimer) NIL)