Need Help mounting UNIX directory on XL1200

   Date: Tue, 5 May 92 15:34:43 EDT
   From: paulmac@stdb.jhuapl.edu (Paul McNamee)

   Hi y'all!

   I'm sure this is simple once you know how to, but I'm stuck.  I'm trying
   to mount a directory /foo/bar from my Sparc II's hard disk on an XL1200
   running Genera 8.1.1, I've already loaded the IP-TCP and NFS-CLIENT systems
   on the symbolics and have exported both /foo and / from the Sun.

   I am able to access the files on the Sun from the Symbolics using IP-TCP,
   but this requires a password every time, so I would prefer to be able to
   mount the directory.  Do I need to add something to my namespace for the sun?

Put the "Service: FILE UDP NFS" entry in the Sun's namespace entry.

You'll still be asked for a password when you first access the Sun's file
systems.