keyboard response

I use a MacIvory model 3 on a Mac IIci with system 7.0.1 plus tuneup
(french system) and a symbolics keyboard (h-s-m-c-sh-stuff).

My keyboard doesn't always respond well to my typing.  A few times a
day, caracters get lost although I am *not* the fastest typer in the
east...  Sometimes also, one character gets duplicated some 20 times
like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis (even though I don't type c-u;
however, i do a (setf si:*kbd-auto-repeat-enabled-p* t) in my
lispm-init).  This seems to happen when the mac is pretty busy (other
ivory tasks or mac tasks like PrintMonitor).

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

vk