UNIX hardcopying on Symbolics

As do many others, I want to be able to print UNIX files on LGP printers
connected to Symbolics.  I've looked at Juergen Christoffel's code to do
this.  Unfortunately, it was developed in Genera 7 and I am running 8.1.1.
Christoffel's code implements the server side for the UNIX-LPD protocol
(TCP 515).  The code intertwines itself with the Symbolic's printer server
and spooling software.  Has anyone updated this code or have an alternative?
Also, it would be great if the code could handle spooling for more than
one printer -- we have two on the same 3640.

Jeff Barnett