FTP problems

    Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 16:54 EST
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

	Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 14:05 EST
	From: Scott_Busse@mindlink.bc.ca (Scott Busse)
[...]

	  My guess would be that the congestion threshold T may be significant here.

    I don't think so.  It's T on my machine, which is working fine.  I'm not
    sure precisely what that flag signifies.

It is not significant to Scott's problems.

In 8.1 and 8.1.1, congestion-threshold is a flag that is used to
indicate that we are back into "slow-start" mode for congestion control.
It just means that we have had a retransmit on the connection and we
have backed off on the send-window for future transmissions.

In 8.2 and 8.3, this flag is no longer there and other methods are used
internally for TCP congestion control.  It still conforms to the Van
Jacbosen modifications, it is just implemented better in 8.2 and 8.3.