[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: The incredible shrinking monchrome image.
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1992 07:54 PST
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (David A. Moon)
I wish you had mentioned that the high voltage does not necessarily go away
instantly when the power is turned off. I'm not sure how long one has to wait
to be safe on different models of monitor. I would say that no one should
open up the case unless they know how to accept a 20 kV shock and live through
SO DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDS!
And if you must, remember the electrician's rule of thumb:
ALWAYS KEEP ONE HAND IN YOUR POCKET.
This is not a joke; it keeps you from completing an electrical circuit
with your other hand, which could cause fatal electrocution.
I wish I had learned this before poking around in a formerly-tubed servo
amplifier, years ago... even 400 Vdc across the chest is no fun at all,