Test of mailing list; Lisp-to-C conversion line conversion

[Administrative note:  I'm converting the SLUG, COMMON-LISP, etc. mailing
lists to run on a different host.  I'm sending this message on the *NEW*
host and shortly sending a message on the old host.  If you only get one,
please let me know (but wait an hour to make sure the message doesn't get
delayed).   Send complaints to SLUG-REQUEST@AI.SRI.COM or COMMON-LISP-REQUEST@AI.SRI.COM.]

We are going to be a subcontractor on a proposal with another company.  The
prime contractor will be converting our Common-Lisp code to C.  Their pricing
to the client will be based on the number of C lines they expect to "write".

Does anyone have any empirical data on lines of Lisp to lines of C  (yes, I
know it is *extremely* variable -- eg, whether we need a GC)?   Also, does
anyone have any data on the relative cost of those lines compared to lines
of C written from scratch?

-------