Moving disks

I wish to move two eagle disks from a 3600 to a 3670.  The 3600 is the site's
file server.  My plan is (1) plug the expansion cabinet onto the 3670
(2) identify the new disks as as fep1 and fep2, and (3) update the fep file
fspt.fspt to show the new lmfs partitions.

Qustion:  Will this plan work?  If not, what must I do to keep from copying
most of a gig?

Jeff Barnett

P.S.  I know there is a slight cable difference between the 3600 and the 3670
and will use appropriate wires.  The above, is basically a software question
unless there is a hardware glitch besides the cabels.