accessing bytev elements

The problem is I need to pass in a structure, some of whose elements are
strings.  Bref-extend would be for accessing an element of the structure
that is declared (struct <type> *) in C, just as bref-string would be for
accessing an element of a structure that is declared (char *).  Bref-extend
would return another bytev.  This could also be used for C arrays.  In
addition I need a bref-float.  I suppose bref-extend should be called
bref-bytev.

		JJHunt