Re: T Assembler

    Date:           Thu, 5 Apr 84 19:17:53 PST
    From:           Seth Goldman <seth@UCLA-CS.ARPA>

    This may be a dumb question but how come the assembler (at least
    for the apollos) isn't written in T?  The same information is
    needed for assembling the code as for generating it along
    with some extra stuff.  Wouldn't one then be able to have
    incremental compilation as well?

Right.  We used a separate assembler in bringing up T because that
was expedient.  For the next major version of the compiler we intend
to have a built-in assembler and to support in-core compilation.