Re: [spr1318] ff (remove-entry-point) probs on dec3100

[Your problem report has been assigned a tracking id of spr1318,
so please use this id in the subject line of any mail related to
it so that we may better track communication on your inquiry.
Also, please send mail to bugs@franz.com instead of me, so your
questions can be answered if I am unavailable.]

I have been able to duplicate the bug you reported.  I was also able
to narrow it down to the following:

[testlisp is Allegro CL dumped with a C function called "test"]

	fax% testlisp -qq
	Allegro CL 3.1.12 [DEC 3100] (3/30/90)
	Copyright (C) 1985-1990, Franz Inc., Berkeley, CA, USA
	<cl> (ff:remove-entry-point "test")

	NIL
	<cl> (ff:remove-entry-point "test")

	<cl>

;;; It doesn't really matter what name you give for the first remove-entry-point:
	fax% testlisp -qq
	Allegro CL 3.1.12 [DEC 3100] (3/30/90)
	Copyright (C) 1985-1990, Franz Inc., Berkeley, CA, USA
	<cl> (ff:remove-entry-point "anything")

	NIL
	<cl> (ff:remove-entry-point "test")

	<cl>

This is a problem with the way remove-entry-point handles the symbol
table on the DEC3100.  I will file a bug report for this and it will
be fixed in a future release.

For now, you should be able to work around the problem by calling
remove-entry-point once with a dummy value before calling it with
the symbols you want to redefine.

If you have any more questions or problems, please let us know.

  -Dale

Dale Thoms, Franz Inc.          1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
thoms@Franz.COM (internet)      Berkeley, CA  94704
uunet!franz!thoms (uucp)        Phone: (415) 548-3600; FAX: (415) 548-8253