Re: Behavior of ^C-^S in emacs common-lisp mode

>> I was dissatisfied with the behavior of the emacs function
>> 	fi:lisp-eval-last-sexp
>> because what I wanted to do was to eval a form and see the result
>> in lisp listener window.  What actually happens is that a temporary
>> file is written by emacs and read and evaluated by lisp, and what you
>> get to see is the result of the load operation, not of the form being
>> loaded.  When compilation is desired, that might be reasonable
>> behavior.  When it is not, it sure would be nice to see the result of
>> the eval rather than the result of the load.  I have implemented that
>> functionality; code follows.
>>
>> I would appreciate comments on whether this is a reasonable thing to
>> do, and where it might break.

The only problem is the hackiness of having to define something on the
Allegro CL side.  Someone around here put in a more general hack
whereby the load is done from an stream and that stream was built as
an echo-stream.  This means you get to see everything evaluated by
Allegro CL that is sent from Emacs.  I planning a new release of the
interface, but this last neat feature will not work until a patch to
Allegro CL echo streams has been made available (which should be near
the same time of the Emacs/Lisp interface release).

	Kevin Layer
	Franz Inc.