DO-SYMBOLS

    Date: Wed, 3 Jun 87 14:00 EDT
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

	Date: Wed, 3 Jun 87 10:31 EDT
	From: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>

	I favor DO-SYMBOLS:ALLOWED, except that I would like to have
	the following issue addressed: if duplicates are allowed, it
	may admit an implementation that would not terminate in the
	situation where each of two packages USEd the other?

    I don't think this is a problem, since using a package does not
    inherit symbols that are -accessible- to that package, only
    symbols that are -exported- by that package.

Right.  Sorry.  So suppose each of two packages uses the other,
and each happens to export the same symbol?

(SETQ A (MAKE-PACKAGE 'A))
(SETQ B (MAKE-PACKAGE 'B))
(EXPORT (INTERN "ASYM" A) A)
(USE-PACKAGE A B)
(EXPORT 'B:ASYM B)
(USE-PACKAGE B A)
(DO-ALL-SYMBOLS (X B) (PRINT X))  ;will this print ASYM once, twice,
				  ; an infinite number of times, or what?

--Guy