Issue: PATHNAME-WILD (Version 1)

    Date: Wed, 7 Sep 88 22:17 EDT
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I am in favor of PATHNAME-WILD:NEW-FUNCTION with one change.
    The function name should be PATHNAME-WILD-P rather than WILD-PATHNAME-P;
    I think that's more consistent with the rest of Common Lisp.

I chose modifier-noun-P because of INPUT-STREAM-P, OUTPUT-STREAM-P,
ADJUSTABLE-ARRAY-P, BOTH-CASE-P, LOWER-CASE-P, UPPER-CASE-P,
ALPHA-CHAR-P, DIGIT-CHAR-P, GRAPHIC-CHAR-P, STANDARD-CHAR-P and
SPECIAL-FORM-P.

Only ARRAY-IN-BOUNDS-P appears not to fit into this pattern, and
arguably because the embedded modifier is a prepositional phrase
and not a simple adjective.

I'm ignoring COMPILED-FUNCTION-P, RANDOM-STATE-P, HASH-TABLE-P,
SIMPLE-VECTOR-P, BIT-VECTOR-P, SIMPLE-BIT-VECTOR-P, SIMPLE-STRING-P,
and STRING-CHAR-P even though they would support my case because
they are really more a hyphenated-type with "-P" appended than
something with three morphemes.

Am I missing something or doesn't this making a compelling case
that WILD-PATHNAME-P is a better name?