Issue: PATHNAME-WILD (Version 1)

    Date: Thu, 8 Sep 88 14:41 EDT
    From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Wed, 7 Sep 88 22:17 EDT
	From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	I am in favor of PATHNAME-WILD:NEW-FUNCTION with one change.
	The function name should be PATHNAME-WILD-P rather than WILD-PATHNAME-P;
	I think that's more consistent with the rest of Common Lisp.

    I chose modifier-noun-P because of INPUT-STREAM-P, OUTPUT-STREAM-P....
    Am I missing something or doesn't this making a compelling case
    that WILD-PATHNAME-P is a better name?

To me PATHNAME-WILD-P is analogous to PATHNAME-DIRECTORY.  It sounds
like you are thinking of "wild pathname" as a data type whereas I am
thinking of "wildness" as a conceptual slot of a pathname.  CL is
sufficiently inconsistent that we can both find justification.  Neither
case is compelling and I don't have a strong opinion, although I still
lean to my original position.