Issue: PROCLAIM-SCOPE (Version 1)

    Date: Wed, 7 Sep 88 22:52 EDT
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    This is too complicated for me.  I think it's better to do nothing
    until/unless the compiler committee comes up with a better framework
    in which to deal with this.

This is a reasonable position. Fyi, I do not plan to push this issue
unless someone else gets on the bandwagon with me. I did think it
important to raise it, though, and I think it should at least be one
of the items mentioned in the new manual's list of "things that should
be expected to vary between implementations".