Re: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 5)

    Date: Sun, 18 Sep 88 16:30 PDT
    From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM

	Date: Sat, 17 Sep 88 19:21 EDT
	From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	The CL-Compiler committee has been actively discussing this, so I think
	we can safely ignore it for the time being.

	If they fail to reach closure and submit something to X3J13 in a timely
	fashion, I will take care of reviving it here.

    Given the current X3J13 schedule, what does timely mean?  Is there
    reason to believe the compiler committee will arrive in Washington with
    a detailed proposal that they want the full committee to vote on?  If
    not, the cleanup committee should probably generate its own proposal
    now.

I'm an observer, not an activist, on the CL-Compiler list.  All I can
say is that there is mail batting around about every other day on the
topic, and it seems fair to allow them that opportunity. I will forward
your concerns to that list and we can see how they respond.