Re: Issue: CLOS-CONDITIONS (Version 4)

    Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 13:06 EST
    From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I do not agree that it is a -necessary- thing to specify the Meta-Class
    of conditions because all intended uses of conditions can be done
    without this information.

I don't agree with this.  If we don't specify the metaclass, then users
won't know what other classes they can mix in when defining condition
classes.  It may seem weird, but I can imagine someone wanting to mix
in an arbitrary class into a condition class.

I think we should just say that the class CONDITION is an instance of
STANDARD-CLASS, and that by default DEFINE-CONDITION defines standard
classes.  Sure it might be nice to do the read only class thing but I
don't think this is a good time to design a special purpose metaclass
for this.
-------