Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 8)

    Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 23:32:47 PST
    From: Jon L White <jonl@lucid.com>

    Although I haven't had time to join the overly-lengthy discussion on this
    matter,  I did point out one particularly confusing direction -- that this
    proposal to "fix" the function ADJUST-ARRAY has become a proposal to alter
    the semantics of the type SIMPLE-ARRAY.

Adding the discussion of SIMPLE-ARRAY was at *+*YOUR*+* request, JonL.
There is !!NO!! change to the semantics, as I thought you had agreed in
the last message you sent on the topic.  If now you're taking that back
and saying that you still think what this proposal says is a change to
the semantics, okay, but I have yet to figure out why you think that or
what you think is changed.