issue COMPILER-VERBOSITY, version 6

[X3J13 removed.]

    Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 11:50 EST
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

    I see the benefit of :PRINT, but do we really need :VERBOSE?
    At this stage of the game I don't see the need to add
    gratuitous features like this.

The original reason this was generated is that some implementations
already offer this `gratuitous feature' and some users (e.g., me) want a
way to get them to turn it off.  Adding a keyword is little extra effort
for those implementations not already providing the option; removing the
functionality is something I thought we'd get opposition to if we didn't
provide a way for people to switch it back on in implementations where
they were used to it.

Note, too, that the return value of compile-file gets lost if you put
calls to FORMAT in, so the rewrite is more complex if you care about
the data flow.