Re: Issue CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES, version 7

> Therefore, variables are mutable, and EQness required by the standard
> for conforming programs should be maintained.

Excuse me, but we can't just carry the usual "EQness required by the
standard" over to file compilation, regardless of the details of what
we think that requirement is.

Like READ and PRINT, file compilation gets Lisp's "feet" into the
distributed world in the sense that one cannot define the behavior
of everything with respect to a single Lisp address space.

> If there is a problem, I
> think it is better to change the semantics of Common Lisp rather than
> making compiling and loading special cases.

Well, that would be facing the problem squarely.  I'll let you
stick your fist into the tar baby first.  :-} .