Re: issue COMPILED-FUNCTION-REQUIREMENTS, version 4

    Date: Thu, 16 Mar 89 15:27:21 EST
    From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson@mist.encore.com>

	Date: Thu, 16 Mar 89 15:06 EST
	From: Barry Margolin <barmar@FAFNIR.THINK.COM>

	    Date: Thu, 16 Mar 89 12:31 EST
	    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@FAFNIR.THINK.COM>

	    Another thing I just thought of is something like:

		(when (typep f '(and function (not compiled-function)))
		  (setq f (compile nil f)))

	I don't know what it says.  However, I didn't apply COMPILE to a symbol,
	I applied it to NIL and a function, which means that the anonymous,
	interpreted function should be compiled.

    Oops, I misread your example.

	Actually, now I'm also a bit confused.  Since we passed the
	FUNCTION-TYPE proposal, is the second argument to COMPILE supposed to be
	a lambda expression or a function?  Should I have said (compile nil
	(source-code f)) ?

    Not if you're interested in the value cell of f instead of the function cell.

Huh?  Doesn't (source-code f) return the source lambda expression for
the function in the value cell of F?  SOURCE-CODE is just a function, so
how could it access the function cell?  By the way, I may be
misremembering the name we gave to the function that returns the
original lambda expression; please correct me if so.

                                                barmar