Issue EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL, v2

> Date: Sun, 1 Jan 89 20:49:23 PST
> From: Jon L White <jonl@lucid.com>
> Subject: Issue EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL, v2

> >  ... so Lucid may have inherited this (assuming I'm correctly informed
> > about the ancestry of some of Lucid's work).

> You are not correctly informed.

I was responding to part of what I thought you were asking.  Since my
interpretation of your line of questioning was partly based in incorrect
information, I gave you an answer which didn't have much to do with anything.
Sorry about that.

Yes, Sandra's recent revision seems to clear things up considerably.

Now the real question is, is this really what we want to do?  I certainly
didn't expect my "strawman" proposal to get through unscathed.  My boss keeps
muttering that there's got to be a better way.  Back when we (IIM) designed our
present implementation of EVAL-WHEN, we tossed around some ideas for
alternative mechanisms, but never got around to doing anything about them.  And
now, of course, nobody here really remembers any of those ideas (though we're
all sure they were beautifully clean and elegent :-).

kab
-------