Re: "Written Responses" to CLOS 88-002: SYMBOL-CLASS is poorly named

                SYMBOL-CLASS is poorly named

I've often thought this too, since there is no CLASS slot on symbol objects
(nor would I want there to be).  Although you've given very good arguments
in favor of the alternative name CLASS-NAMED, you might also consider the
name FIND-CLASS.  This would correpsond with other CL naming functions
like FIND-SYMBOL and FIND-PACKAGE.  I would also then suggest renaming
GET-METHOD to FIND-METHOD to fit into this scheme.