CLX design issues

    Date: Thu, 26 Oct 89  10:43:33 CDT
    From: Kerry Kimbrough <Kimbrough@dsg.csc.ti.com>

    I'm interested in starting a discussion on cl-windows that will resolve such
    issues. Anyone else?

    SYNOPSIS:
	CLX should define a colormap-visual accessor to paper over a shortcoming of
	the protocol.

I think this is a fine idea.  In the R4beta CLX, there is a colormap slot
called colormap-visual-info.  Charlie Hornig contributed it.

    SYNOPSIS:
	query-best-cursor interface does not fully support the underlying
	QueryBestSize request.

This sounds good too.  The spec should change, but to remain compatible with
existing clients the implementation should handle a display passed to it too.
I updated the source.

    SYNOPSIS:
	For sake of consistency with other CLX functions, should change certain
	argument data types:

	(declare (type (member :on :off :default) blanking exposures))

Sounds fine too.  But for compatibility, :yes and :no should be allowed too.
I updated the source.

    SYNOPSIS:
	wm-resources/set-wm-resources are inappropriate interfaces.

Sounds fine.  For compatbility, wm-resources & set-wm-resources should be
still there, though.  [later:]  For consistency, I think the name of the
CONVERT arg should be KEY, since KEY is used for other resource database
functions.

I updated the source.

    SYNOPSIS:
	Exposing the value-mask component of :configure-request is not the best Lisp
	interface.

I don't understand this enough.