CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Experiences with CLIM

    Date: Thu, 8 Nov 1990 12:02 EST
    From: kanderso@dino.bbn.com

      Date: Thu, 8 Nov 1990 10:13-0500
      From: Scott McKay <SWM@sapsucker.scrc.symbolics.com>

      Lest CLIM undeservedly acquire a reputation for slowness, I should point
      out the Symbolics CLIM running on Genera beats the pants off of Dynamic
      Windows in terms of performance.  Symbolics CLIM running on 386's under
      CLOE also has surprisingly good performance, comparable to Dynamic
      Windows running on my 3645.

    Perhaps one difference is that CLIM has not been tweeked for
    performance on stock hardware LISPs like Franz or Lucid to the extend
    that it has for Symbolics machines.  From my experince with CLIM in Lucid,
    there is a lot of room for improvement here.

Cloe is a stock-hardware Lisp and CLIM performs quite well on it.  I'm sure
there's still room for improvement of course.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index