CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

clim under Allegro/Sun and Anybody sharing clim examples ?

Hi,
I am using CLIM 0.9 with Franz 3.1.13 on a Sun Sparc .... and
I am a bit lost ...

(1) Does anybody have an example for a complex top-level window
    with several kinds of panes (e.g. label-button-panes) AND
    several connected independent windows.
    E.g. Framemaker has such kind of windows. But of course I don't
    need its specific "look and feel". Any example, even undocumented
    will do very well!

    The examples I got with CLIM 0.9 all use a very simple framework
    and the CLIM manual do not help much with the question of using
    other kinds of panes and connected but independent windows.

(2) Does anybody have a solution to the incompatibility between
    the two different PCL's for CLIM and for Allegro Composer.
    I.e. are there any patches around which could fix that ?
    Or is there a CLIM version which runs under Allegro 4.0 ???
    Coming from a Symbolics environnement it is extremely frustrating
    for me to use the simple Allegro inspector and debugger.

(3) Has anybody been able to make clim work under Open Windows ?
    Mouse clicks do work, but I can't read any user input or type in
    commands, so I'm using twm right now.

(4) Does anybody archive clim@bbn.com and can I ftp it ?

Please also reply directely to me, since I don't know whether
I have been put already on this list (I asked for that 2 weeks ago).

Big thanks for any help (and sorry for asking some of those questions
here, but bug-clim@ila.com does not reply ...)

-dan
Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,
1211 Geneva 4 (Switzerland), Tel.(..41)22 705 7652, Fax. (..41) 22 20 29 27.

Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,
1211 Geneva 4 (Switzerland), Tel.(..41)22 705 7652, Fax. (..41) 22 20 29 27.

Internet:   schneide@divsun.unige.ch  (and various national nets)    | if reply
CSnet/ARPA: schneide%divsun.unige.ch@relay.cs.net   (old style)      | does not
X400:       S=schneide;OU=divsun;O=unige;PRMD=switch;ADMD=arcom;C=ch | work,
uucp:       mcvax!cui!divsun.unige.ch!shneider                       | try one
BITNET:     schneide@cgeuge51                                        | of
DECNET:     UGUN2A::SCHNEIDE (local Swiss)                           | these

0,,