CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Buttons and Controls

We are about to build a graphical user interface based on CLIM (ACL)
containing elements like buttons, thermometers and speedometers.
The question is how to build up these macro elements? One way
would be to allocate a window stream, draw all decorations
and make the interactive area a presentation type. The other
would be similar to the way you have to code such stuff under
Flavors on a Symbolics: get the appropriate system flavors as
component flavors of your own flavor and add some specific
handling methods, i.e. use as much as possible things which are
already present in the system.
As I don't have detected any hint in the code examples and the
(preliminary) manual of CLIM how to use the CLIM classes as
basic substrates I would appreciate any advice.

Bernd.

Bernd Wild                                                    bwild@fzi.uka.de
Forschungszentrum Informatik FZI
Dept. Technical Expert Systems and Robotics
Haid-und-Neu-Strasse 10-14
D - 7500 Karlsruhe
GERMANY                                         Tel.: (+49 | 0) 721 / 6906-310

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index